How 3AS is helping to integrate physiological states to optimize your industrial processes
Humans in a Digital World
Digitalization is a mega-trend disrupting our entire society. At the same time, our society is and stays human-centric. Innovation, key decisions and respective actions are still performed by humans – and will be for quite some time. Consequently, the capability to merge the medical diagnostics with other application domains will be a game changer. Hence, the capability for the industrial processes to appropriately react to the physiological state of the operator (e.g., stress, drowsiness, or sleep onset) is expected to significantly increase quality, performances and safety.
Together with our partners we are aiming to develop an innovation platform for human centric digital transformation in industrial processes. Through non-invasive physiological state monitoring it should become possible to get access to relevant and accurate information about machine operators’ physiological state (current and near future) without hindering their daily work. The goal is to be able to monitor and accurately predict stress, drowsiness, and sleep onset in order to ensure maximum uptime of human-operated machinery.
The platform will consist of three main assets:
- An ideation tool for the identification of business value of the customers’ data, and an online data analytics platform for efficient data exploration.
- A wearable smart sensor, based on PhotoPlethysmoGraphy (PPG) sensing technology and short/long range communication, for monitoring human’s physiological parameters for drowsiness detection and sleep onset prediction and, more generally, sleep disturbances. This patented approach can be efficiently deployed in working environment, finally enabling the deployment of cognitive human/machine interactions.
- An innovative data analytics platform (3AS), providing
- privacy awareness for management of sensible data,
- openness and customizability for ease use of ready-made models and analytics functionality,
- extensibility by onboarding data scientists and engineers whenever applicable, and
- cost awareness for tailored exploration and deployment at different scales based on SaaS business model.
Problems 3AS is solving in this project
Through efficient scoping, we are empowering the user to identify the business value of their data through efficient integration of all stakeholders. Business specialists, product managers, and IT experts can efficiently contribute with their expertise to identify and specify the appropriate data product(s).
Thanks to a dedicated smart wearable, we enable non-invasive physiological state monitoring. You get access to relevant and accurate information about the operator’s physiological state (current and near future) without hindering his daily work
Furthermore, the domain expert can now become a data expert as well. Through our privacy-awareness approach, data products relying on confidential and/or private datasets according to regulations in place can be created efficiently.